Onions & Davies Solicitors is committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to maintain and improve our standards. We want you to be delighted with our work; we therefore take a sympathetic approach to resolving difficulties.
Our complaints procedure
If you have a complaint, including about our costs, please contact the Managing Director, Chris Milne, with the details.
What will happen next?
- We will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and where necessary asking you to confirm or explain the details. We will let you know who will be dealing with your complaint. You can expect to receive our letter within 2 working days of receiving your complaint.
- We will record your complaint in our central register and open a file for your complaint. We will do this within 2 working days of receiving your complaint.
- We will then start to investigate your complaint. This may involve one or more of the following steps: Chris Milne will investigate your complaint and then send you our detailed reply or invite you to a meeting to discuss the matter. He will do this within 10 working days. The complaint investigation will normally involve Chris Milne examining your file and speaking with the person within the Firm who acted for you. If Chris Milne was acting for you, the investigation will be carried out by another Director of the Firm who was not connected with your matter.
- If you would like to have a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint, we will arrange this within 3 working days of your request.
- Within 2 working days of the meeting we will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions we have agreed with you. If you do not want a meeting or if it is not possible, we will send you a detailed reply to your complaint; this will include our suggestions for resolving the matter.
- At this stage, if you remain dissatisfied, you can let us know. We will then arrange to review the decision within 5 working days.
- We will let you know the result of the review within 3 working days of the end of the review. At this time Chris Milne will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied with our decision at the conclusion of the complaints procedure you may refer the matter to the Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ. Telephone 0300 555 0333; firstname.lastname@example.org; www.legalombudsman.org.uk
There is a time limit for referring the matter to the Legal Ombudsman, which is generally 6 months from the end of our Firm’s complaint procedure and no later than 12 months from when the matter first occurred.
If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.